The Around Us feature is a great way to display relevant points of interest within your app, drawing attention to hot spots in the area. Users can easily view nearby locations, access business contact info, get directions, and more!
Great for these industries:
- Sell feature space to local businesses that you highlight in the app.
- Set up referral agreements with businesses and ask users to mention that your app referred them.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Around Us feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature, set categories, and add POIs.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Local Spots" as opposed to "Around Us").
2. Under Categories, fill in the category names for your POIs (e.g. "Restaurants") and select the category colors. The POIs will be color-coded based on their category.
3. Under Point(s) of Interest, click ADD POINT OF INTEREST. Complete the the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each POI.
- Name: Give your POI a name.
- Category (Color): Select the category for this POI.
- Color Settings: Toggle this on to use the Global Text color instead of custom color.
- Text: Select the color for the description field text if color settings is toggled on.
- Description: Use the WYSIWYG editor to customize the POI's description. (See below for more information on the WYSIWYG editor)
- Website: Enter the URL for the POI’s website. This must start with the http://” prefix. If the client or business doesn’t have an official website, a Yelp or Facebook page will work just as well.
- Email: Input a valid email address for this POI. When users click the one-touch Email button, this email address will auto-populate in the To field.
- Telephone: Input a valid phone number for this POI. When users click the one-touch Call button, this is the phone number it will dial.
- Thumbnail Image: Upload a thumbnail image (140x140px in PNG format) for this POI.
- Address: Search for the address in the “Enter a query” field or enter the coordinates in theLatitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Distance Type: Specify whether distance should appear in Kilometers or Miles.
4. Continue adding POIs until you’re satisfied. Remember, you can always delete an item later, or change the Category it's under. As you add more items, you'll see your map fill up!
5. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See here for more info.
User comments will appear here with the date, username, and comment text. See here for more info.
Throughout the app dashboard, you'll see Description boxes that use the "What You See Is What You Get" editor. You can achieve a lot with this editing panel. Most of the options are pretty straightforward and mirror those offered by programs like Word. You can hover over an option for a hint at what it does, but the best way to learn is by diving in.
- Add HTML
- Format text: normal, quote, code, header
- Customize text: bold, italicize, underline, strikethrough
- Add bulleted or numbered lists
- Outdent or indent
- Insert image or video
- Add a table
- Add a link to text or images
- Align text: left, center, right, justified
- Insert horizontal rule
- Change font size
Check out some live examples below! Users can switch between Map & List view.