The Walkthrough feature is an excellent way to give iOS users a sneak peak into your app's features. The feature's content appears when a user launches the app for the first time, and will not reappear unless the app is deleted and reinstalled. The feature is loosely structured to give users an intro on:
- The app in general
- Location-based features
- Audio Background Play
However, this is very customizable, and you can tailor the Walkthrough feature to your own needs.
Great for these industries:
- All industries
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Walkthrough feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and customize the content of your Walkthrough feature.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Introduction" as opposed to "Walkthrough").
2. The Walkthrough Setup section allows you to customize the content of your Walkthrough feature. You'll see content suggestions already included for each of the three pages. Page 1: General Instructions is the only required page. If you wish to enable the other two pages, just toggle them on. After you fill out your pages' content, click Save at the top right.
- General Instructions: Page 1: We recommend using this page to provide the user with general info about the app and what they'll find within it.
- Location Features: Page 2 (Optional): If enabled, we recommend using this page to describe how your app uses the device's GPS capabilities. Since the user just opened the app for the first time, they were prompted to grant the app permission to track their location and send them push notifications.
- Music Features: Page 3 (Optional): If enabled, we recommend using this page to describe how your app's audio features work. This is only relevant if you have a Music or Podcast tab within your app.
3. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
On the final page, the user will see the Get Started button. As soon as they click this, they'll be taken to the app's home screen and the Walkthrough feature will not appear again.