The Real Estate feature is a great tool for real estate agents to showcase properties they're renting or selling. Realtors can easily upload their listings using a CSV file or sync with their IDX account.
Great for these industries:
- Real Estate/Realtor
- Sell listing space in app to other realtors.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Real Estate feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and add property listings.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Find Your Home" as opposed to "Real Estate").
2. Under Settings, slide the toggle enable specific options.
- Rent/Own Filter: If you toggle on this feature, listings will display in separated sections; if you toggle it off, all your listings will be combined into one list.
3. Under Real Estate, click CSV TEMPLATE to import listings from a CSV file, IMPORT LISTINGS to sync up IDX listings, or ADD LISTINGS to add them manually. See below for instructions on all three options.
Download CSV Template
CSVs are essentially spreadsheets that can be used to upload correctly formatted data quickly. This is a great option if you already keep your listings organized on a spreadsheet, or want to make content additions simple down the line. Each time you add a listing to your spreadsheet, you can simply re-upload your CSV file to tack on the additions.
Note: We recommend first adding at least one manual listing to your feature following the Add Listing instructions below. This way, when you download your CSV file, it will already have one row (one listing) populated and serve as an example of how to fill out additional rows (listings).
- Click CSV TEMPLATE to get started.
- Open the CSV file. You'll see a spreadsheet with 45 columns. If you've already added a listing to your feature, then you'll see its details populated. If you haven't, only the column titles will be populated.
- For listing additions, just mirror the format of your first listing. Some tips:
- If an optional field does not apply, you can put "0" in that cell. For example, the Rentals column does not apply to my Own listing, so it's been populated with a "0" by default.
- You can find Latitude/Longitude in Google Maps. Go to maps.google.com, search your listing's address, and right-click the pin on the map. Click "What's here?" and more details will appear at the top left. Copy/paste the latitude & longitude from here.
- Make sure to properly format your content. For instance, phone numbers should be formatted ###-###-####, and provided item titles (like "Miles," "Dishwasher," "Sqft," etc.) should be copied exactly.
- For check-all Additional Info items, add all applicable items separated by a comma without spaces, like below.
- Each time you're ready to import new listings, just click Add under the Upload Real Estate Data section and select your CSV file. Click Upload to import the new listings.
Note: When using the CSV import, be sure to check your imported listings thoroughly by clicking Edit next to each one and viewing each section. This will help you catch mistakes and learn more best practices for CSV import!
Import Listings from IDX
IDX is a type of data feed provided with your MLS membership. In some cases, MLS may require you to pay for access to this data feed. IDX typically (but not always) mirrors the data available on your MLS site. If your MLS provides access to this data feed, you may use that access to promote ALL listings on your website, not just your featured listings.
All listings that participate in the Broker Reciprocity (IDX) program with your MLS can be accessed using our service. The IDX Broker application automatically collates, maintains, and displays your local MLS listings. Using IDX Broker allows you to display all MLS listing seamlessly on your own website. All local MLS listings will display on your website and your contact information. Some restrictions apply based on certain MLS rules.
Check out this article for instructions on generating your IDX API key.
- Click IMPORT LISTINGS to begin importing your IDX listings
- In the pop-up window, paste your IDX API Key, and click Get Listings.
- Once your listings are loaded, you can check the boxes next to any listings you'd like to import, or Select All.
- Click Import Listings when you're ready, and you'll see the loading indicator back in the main feature view. At this point, you can leave the feature and check back later to see your newly added listings!
1. Click the Add Listing button to get started.
2. You'll begin with the Details section.
- Address Section 1 & Address Section 2 : Use these fields to name the location whatever you'd like (e.g. "Mission Location" & "San Francisco"). They'll serve as the top & bottom lines of the location name.
- Address: Search for the address in the “Enter a query” field or enter the coordinates in theLatitude/Longitude fields below. When you use the coordinates option, Google Maps will pull the nearest address.
- Thumbnail Image: Upload a thumbnail image (200x200px in PNG format) for this listing.
- Agent Name: Enter the name of the agent on the listing.
- Email: Input a valid email address for this listing. When users click the one-touch Email button, this email address will auto-populate into the field.
- Telephone: Input a valid phone number for this listing. When users click the one-touch Call button, this is the phone number it will dial.
3. Move onto the Information section.
- Select Own or Rentals from the For drop-down.
- Specify the Price of the home, and select the Currency from the drop-down menu. Make sure to input only numerical values in the Price field. (Ex: 700000, not 700,000 or 700,000.00)
- Home Type: You can choose from Single Family, Condo, Townhouse, Multi family, Apartment, Mobile / Manufactured, Coop Unit, Vacant land, or Other.
- Set the Status to Active to enable this listing.
- Select the number of Beds and Baths from the drop-down menus.
- Specify the Sqft.
- Specify the Lot Size, and choose Sqft or Acres from the drop-down menu.
- Input the Year Built and Year Updated.
- Fill out the Description for the listing.
- Proceed to add more details about your listing (Optional). Expand a section by clicking the drop down menu.
For the following sections, you can check the boxes for all sub-items that apply:
- Cooling Type
- Floor Covering
- Heating Type
- Heating Fuel
- Indoor Features
- Building Amenities
- Outdoor Amenities
For the following sections, you can only select one option:
- Architectural Style
4. Lastly, move onto the Photos section to upload images of the listing.
- Show Descriptions Of Images: Toggle on to display descriptions for each image.
- Upload Image: Select the image icon to upload images.
- Click ADD to add the listing.
View after your images are uploaded:
Adding a description:
8. Continue adding listings manually, or move onto the Import Listings section to begin managing your listings from the CSV spreadsheet.
9. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See here for more info.
Check out some live examples below!
In landscape mode: