The QR Scanner feature is a useful tool that can scan any QR code your users come upon. A QR code is essentially a scannable URL. They're commonly used for promotional & informational purposes. For example, a brochure for a summer camp may have a QR code on the back that leads users to an online FAQ page, or a fundraising event may print & post QR codes at their tables that lead users to their sponsors' front-end websites.
The QR Scanner feature is a useful tool that can scan any QR code your users come upon. A QR code is essentially a scannable URL. They're commonly used for promotional & informational purposes.
Great for these industries:
- Conferences or Fundraisers
- Sell opportunities to post QR Codes that lead to sponsors' front-end websites.
- Sell space in pamphlets or brochures with QR codes that lead to front-end sites.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the QR Scanner feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is. This is the name that will appear in the app's feature menu (e.g. "Scan Now" as opposed to "QR Scanner").
2. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See here for more info.
ExamplesIn the example below, we created a test QR code for www.ted.com on a QR generator site. Launch the QR Scanner feature in an app and scan the QR code to test this feature out yourself!
Note: When a user scans a QR code, they'll be taken outside the app and directed to that site/content immediately. User history cannot be cleared, but it is only visible to the user. The History section allows them to revisit previously scanned URLs by clicking them from the list.