The Membership feature is a great solution for businesses that want to password-protect their app, customize feature access for groups and individuals, and generally provide a personalized experience for users. This feature works in tandem with segmented push notifications, allowing you to target users and groups with messages crafted specifically for them.
Note: We recommend disabling the Membership feature before publishing for iOS. Otherwise, you'll need to provide Apple with demo login info so they can view the app. If they don't receive the login info via iTunes Connect before the app goes into review, they will reject it.
Great for these industries:
- Small Businesses
- Add current members of your business to the membership feature where they can access more features of the app.
- This could be an opportunity for new users to purchase the membership. The admin simply downloads the email list for sign up/ purchases and uploads the list to the membership feature, then the new members will receive an invite email and will have exclusive membership access to the app.
Navigate to Edit > Build to begin the setup process, then follow the steps below.
1. Click ADD FEATURE.
2. Choose the Membership feature from the menu, then click SELECT.
3. Name your feature, then click ADD. Your new feature will now appear in the left-side menu.
4. Click on the feature to expand its menu. From the left-side menu you can:
- use the checkbox to delete the feature.
- click and drag the arrow icon to rearrange.
- edit the feature icon by clicking it, then selecting a new image from the fly-up menu.
- toggle on/off the feature.
- jump to a specific section (i.e. Content or Custom Design) to adjust the feature settings.
Here you can rename the feature and customize your login settings.
1. Under Screen Info, change your Screen/Feature Name or leave as-is.
2. Under Settings, begin adjusting your login options.
- Login Color: Select the color of the username/password fields.
- Member Login: Enable to require a username/password to access the app's content.
- Email Invite Form: This option only appears when Multiple Member Login is enabled under Members (see step #3). Please return to this step after you've enabled it below. Click CUSTOMIZE EMAIL INVITE FORM and use the WYSIWYG editor to customize the email invitation new users receive. See Here for more info.
- Guest Login: Enable to allow anyone to access your app without login credentials. This option can only be enabled when Member Login is also enabled.
- Guest Login Name: Input the name that will be used for the Guest Login button. Click GUEST APP FEATURE ACCESS to customize guest access. Check the boxes next to all features guests should have access to, then click SAVE.
3. If you've enabled Member Login, move onto Members to begin adding users and groups. From the Type dropdown menu, select Single or Master to add your logins.
- Single: Creates one "master" login with full access to the app. This option just limits the general public from accessing your app's content without the login info, but it does not allow for access customization or segmented push notifications.
- Login Username: Set the "master" username. (Usernames cannot have spaces.)
- Login Password: Set the "master" password.
- Multiple: Creates multiple user and/or group logins with customizable access to the app. This option allows for segmented push notifications.
- Group: Click ADD GROUP. Complete the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each group.
- Group Name: Give the group a name (e.g. "Students," "Faculty," "Soccer Team").
- Assign a Color: Choose a color for this group.
- Feature Access: Check the boxes next to the features this group should have access to or Select All.
- User: Click ADD USER. Complete the fields below, then click ADD. Repeat this process for each group.
- Username: Input the user's username.
- Email: Input a valid email address for this user.
- Password: Input a password for this user.
- Confirm Password: Retype the password.
- Assign Group: Assign this user to a group (the group's access settings will apply to them) or leave as "No Group" and customize their access by checking the boxes below.
4. Click SAVE at the top right when you're done.
If you'd like create a custom design for this feature instead of using the Global Design, you'll do so here. Skip over this section if not. See Here for more info.